- BA in Art – University of Lethbridge
- Aveda Institute of Calgary Graduate in Hairstyling
- Alberta Journeyman Certificate – Hairstylist (Red Seal)
- Currently Studying Bachelors of Education in Career and Technology Studies at University of Alberta
Experience & Training
- Art and Science of Color and Texture Educator Certification – Aveda Institutes
- Hair Color Magic – Essentials/Grasping Greys – w/ Lupe Voss
- Aveda Advanced Styling – Collega International – w/ Allen Ruiz
- Aveda Advanced Barbering Curriculum Training
- Beyond Braiding, and Editorial Styling – w/ Kristjan Hayden
- Advanced Undercuts – w/Geno Chapman
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate – Mental Health Commission of Canada
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Learning! Every time I have been asked this question, I have never been totally correct in where I would be 5 years from being asked it. However, the one constant thing that I have noticed is that I have never stopped learning. Be it through schooling, or life in general, I try to glean as much information as I can from my experiences.
What is your favourite part of your job?
I love that every day brings something new. Working in the beauty industry is unlike any other, it combines both social and creative realms, where our job is to not only help people look better, but also feel better. It is a great perk that my job allows me to interact with people from all walks of life and help them achieve their beauty goals!
Who/what inspires you?
Vidal Sassoon when it comes to hair is probably one of my biggest inspirations, and his work/theories are the basis of much of my formal education in hair. I am also inspired a lot through reading, art, and music of many varieties.